Home-owners Liability

What is
homeowners liability?


Accidents can happen, even at home. If someone were to claim an injury on your property, there’s no stopping them from affecting your finances, your house, or anything else you own that can be labeled as compensation. As the property owner, you could be held fully responsible for injuries to others that occur due to hazardous conditions such as poor lighting, floor hazards, or falls resulting from snow or ice.

What does it cover?

With a Homeowners Liability policy from Brownrigg Insurance, you can ensure the security of your finances and the safety of your family in the event of an accident. For serious injuries, including casualties, you may be responsible for paying large medical bills and even court costs if you are sued. This policy works to protect you in a variety of situations, including:

  • Claims for property damage
  • Claims for injury to others (either on or off the premises)
  • Liability defense costs
  • Medical expenses for injuries to others

Having the proper Homeowners Liability Insurance for your home will prepare you for future accidents and help preserve your hard-earned assets and finances. Talk with a representative from Brownrigg Insurance to determine the right amount of coverage to keep you protected today.

What’s at stake if I don’t have it?

Who needs this?




Aviation Parts & Components

Equipment malfunctions



Does my Homeowners Insurance cover liability?

Yes. Homeowners Liability Insurance protects our customers against lawsuits arising out of a claim from a third-party.

Will my insurance cover my home business?

Many homeowners policies provide limited coverage for business property stored on the premises. It is important to consider a Commercial Insurance program and BOP (Business Owners Policy) that can cover risk exposures related to the business.

How much dwelling coverage do I need?

We use a third party firm to calculate dwelling limits using the replacement cost estimate with each quotation.

Does Homeowners Insurance cover earthquakes and floods?

No. Both are often purchased separately. Our team members can provide additional quotes for earthquake and flood insurance.

Does Homeowners Insurance give you both property and liability?


What is the difference between Homeowners Insurance and Hazard Insurance?

Hazard Insurance is part of a Homeowners Insurance policy.

get a quote

how would you like to proceed?

Contact me
to finish my quote

Fill out
the online form